Weird Weekend
Literally so, as I saw "Weird" Al Yankovic last night. Up at Clear Lake of all places! I took my friend James, and we stayed overnight at my uncle's place.
I had 12th row center seats. It was a pretty damn cool show too! He came out in the crowd during one song, and walked right of me. I could have reached out and touched him, but I'm more respectful than that, heh. He sang mostly newer tunes too, which seems to make sense because many of his fans are kids who more than likely didn't discover him until the last few years. Nearly every one of his rap parodies are hilarious, if for nothing else than the fact that Weird Al is doing rap. His band is pretty tight too, but I guess they have to be, considering the range of music they play, and the fact that the shows are pretty well scripted. What really made the night thought is that he closed with a tune called Albuquerque, a nearly 15-minute tune with hilarious stream of consciousness lyrics that are somehow all wrapped up into this bizarre narrative.
I took the Jetta up and back, and I think I've officially broken in the car. It did pretty well overall. The thing didn't heat up a bit, even with going over the mountains in 90+ degree heat. Its still not as comfortable as the T-Bird though, but I guess I'll get over it.
Next weekend is the NASCAR race, so I guess expect to see a few photos. The weekend after that I'm camping. Damn, I love summer...
I fuckin' HATE work though ;)
I had 12th row center seats. It was a pretty damn cool show too! He came out in the crowd during one song, and walked right of me. I could have reached out and touched him, but I'm more respectful than that, heh. He sang mostly newer tunes too, which seems to make sense because many of his fans are kids who more than likely didn't discover him until the last few years. Nearly every one of his rap parodies are hilarious, if for nothing else than the fact that Weird Al is doing rap. His band is pretty tight too, but I guess they have to be, considering the range of music they play, and the fact that the shows are pretty well scripted. What really made the night thought is that he closed with a tune called Albuquerque, a nearly 15-minute tune with hilarious stream of consciousness lyrics that are somehow all wrapped up into this bizarre narrative.
I took the Jetta up and back, and I think I've officially broken in the car. It did pretty well overall. The thing didn't heat up a bit, even with going over the mountains in 90+ degree heat. Its still not as comfortable as the T-Bird though, but I guess I'll get over it.
Next weekend is the NASCAR race, so I guess expect to see a few photos. The weekend after that I'm camping. Damn, I love summer...
I fuckin' HATE work though ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home