The Weasel's Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The T-Bird is in Critical Condition...

Okay, so lately I've noticed the engine has been ticking a bit. Not exactly uncommon though for a car of it's age. Last weekend I put new oil in and did a full tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and air filter) and it was running better than any time I've driven it. But it was still ticking. I had planned to change the oil again in another month or so time and this time start putting in some of those high mileage engine additives. But yesterday, I go to start up my car, and its making just the most horrible racket imaginable. The sad thing is, it's still running well. It's not missing and acting like the motor is fundamentally broken. But something is *definitely* broken inside the motor. Hopefully, it's something on the top end, like a spring, rocker arm, or even a lifter thats (relatively) easily serviceable. If its something that involves considerable engine tear down though, the car might not be worth saving. A new engine is a possibility, but again, it would be considerable expense and time for a car thats only worth, at *best*,$1500. Hopefully I can fix the car though. A shame too, because far and away, this has been the best car I've ever driven.

Last night I helped out at my old city job for their "Movies under the Stars" program. It felt good to be back there. Maybe better than it should have! I came home dog tired, but with a feeling of satisfaction. One of the volunteers said that they couldn't run the show without me. I was completely taken aback!

It would be stupid to quit a full time job for a part time one, but damn, being with the city was fantastic. There were a lot of good people there, and all of them had good attitudes and perspective. Not like where I work now, where there's this sense of impending doom at every corner, and at any moment, it could all go horribly wrong.

I need to get out of there.

But I might also need a new car.

And possibly a new computer, though thats a post for a different blog.

In all fairness though, since the new CSR at my shop has been progressing, my job has been far easier...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    My name is DEAN MACIER and I am a weasel !

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My name is DEAN MACIER and I am a weasel !

     
  • At 5:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My name is DEAN MACIER and I am a weasel !

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home