The Weasel's Blog

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Getting Warmer...

Funny, this past Friday more resembled a day in December, rather than May. Today resembles a day in July. Its about 90 out, with a strong breeze.

This weekend was fairly uneventful, except that I got just about another weekend all alone. The rest of the family didn't get back until a few hours ago. I did as little as possible this weekend. Friday night I picked up the new CD by Rush, and let me tell you, its fantastic. Highly recommended. Saturday morning I went and bought a new shirt, grabbed some lunch, and pretty much stayed home listening to music. For dinner I did get a rare treat -- Barney's ribs. They are a Concord institution, or at least as close as we come to institutions around here. The place has been this little dive of a bbq joint for over 50 years now. Its an aquired tasted, but its really good. Their sauce is quite unusual; instead of the sweet, tangy, or spicy sauces most places use, they have a very savory sauce, almost like a really thick au jus. It gives the meat a much more smoky flavor.

Sunday afternoons are *always* depressing for me though, because it means really just a few more hours until I have to go to bed then get up for work another 5 days. I really need to get out of this job. The only job I dreaded more was that stupid waterpark job I had 7 years ago Those days, I absolutely *hated* getting up. I never felt like this in school, or college, or any other job Ive ever had, save for the one I mentioned. And I know a lot of the problems I have there are self-induced, but I don't know, it just seems like theres no atmosphere of comradry or friendship. It's more like "lets be as fake as we can to the boss so we don't piss him off, and lets hope to hell that the next big mistake isn't looming around the corner".

The customers are idiots too. Damn them all.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sounds like a barbeque sauce worth driving out of my way for.

    But cross continent? Hmm.

    Be well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home