Alone...and loving it
Yep, the family's gone for the week up to the coast, which means I'm alone in the house for the time being. Although honestly, I'd love to be up at the coast as well, I really enjoy the times that they all go away, and at least for a short time, I'm out on my own.
As far as work goes...blah. I need to get out of there soon. The new guy is working out soon, but the boss is the epitome of "nitpicking to death"; but the thing is, he doesn't nitpick on the important, money making jobs, he usually spends his time tearing down the shit that doesn't matter. The small time jobs that we probably shouldn't be spending much effort on in the first place. Garbage in, garbage out I say. I mean, I try as hard as I can every day I'm there, and if that's not good enough for them, then fuckit.
Had an...interesting situation develop with my car this week. The engine started ticking, so I thought I'd check the oil. The level looked okay, so I thought I'd change the oil completely (it was just about due anyway...). The oil looked like *shit*! Actually, like diarreha, because it was so runny! Yikes, could something be up here? Maybe the oil I got just wasn't very good. Because the previous owner used synthetic, thats what I use. But the stuff costs nearly $6 a quart, and it really lost a disturbing amount of viscosity. Maybe a switch back to a standard, thicker oil should be in the works. Oh yeah, and a tune up. But that's fairly easy.
A bad situation here in the Bay Area, traffic wise...fortunately it doesn't affect me (much), but a gas tanker caught fire late last night, and the intense heat literally made the interchange ramp that goes from the Bay Bridge to the main freeway east to where I live....well, it melted! Which means, getting to San Francisco still isn't much more of a problem, however getting back is! Fortunately there are other routes and modes of transportation...
Didn't really do much this weekend, except got totally stinking drunk last night. Yay me. I didn't need those brain cells anyway.
I'm blasting some Camper Van Beethoven right now. Double yay.
As far as work goes...blah. I need to get out of there soon. The new guy is working out soon, but the boss is the epitome of "nitpicking to death"; but the thing is, he doesn't nitpick on the important, money making jobs, he usually spends his time tearing down the shit that doesn't matter. The small time jobs that we probably shouldn't be spending much effort on in the first place. Garbage in, garbage out I say. I mean, I try as hard as I can every day I'm there, and if that's not good enough for them, then fuckit.
Had an...interesting situation develop with my car this week. The engine started ticking, so I thought I'd check the oil. The level looked okay, so I thought I'd change the oil completely (it was just about due anyway...). The oil looked like *shit*! Actually, like diarreha, because it was so runny! Yikes, could something be up here? Maybe the oil I got just wasn't very good. Because the previous owner used synthetic, thats what I use. But the stuff costs nearly $6 a quart, and it really lost a disturbing amount of viscosity. Maybe a switch back to a standard, thicker oil should be in the works. Oh yeah, and a tune up. But that's fairly easy.
A bad situation here in the Bay Area, traffic wise...fortunately it doesn't affect me (much), but a gas tanker caught fire late last night, and the intense heat literally made the interchange ramp that goes from the Bay Bridge to the main freeway east to where I live....well, it melted! Which means, getting to San Francisco still isn't much more of a problem, however getting back is! Fortunately there are other routes and modes of transportation...
Didn't really do much this weekend, except got totally stinking drunk last night. Yay me. I didn't need those brain cells anyway.
I'm blasting some Camper Van Beethoven right now. Double yay.

1 Comments:
At 8:57 PM ,
Unknown said...
Read about the tanker accident in the paper. Nasty stuff.
Enjoy the solitude, dude.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home