The Weasel's Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Saturday Evening

For the first time a while, tonight I'll get a Saturday Evening at home. Most Saturdays, I'm working, but this one I was able to get off work around 3 pm.

I'm listening to a new ELP album I bought a while ago. A pretty good bargain, even though considering it was at a chain store--$10.99 for a double live album. The weather's been pretty weird lately. June is supposed to be the time of year when it really starts heating up outside, yet on Thursday, and this morning, it was raining! More or less unheard of here in California.

I might have to jump on the chance of getting that computer this week. I figure I should probably get it soon, before they are all gone, or something; or before I just piss away all the money and I have none left, heh. I've still got a lot left, and if I have to step up to a more expensive machine to get what I want, well so be it - I can at least afford it right now. Plus, I need a decent machine to start processing some of the fantastic photos I've been taking with my camera. Well, I really haven't been taking any real fantastic photos, mainly just fiddling around with the settings, seeing what does what. I also realise that I should probably get a tripod if I intend to take any photos that arent all blurry and streaky because I cant hold a damn camera still. I tried to get a good shot of the moon the other night, but the exposure is so long, that the moon appeared as this ornate white streak.

The interview is on Tuesday. I hope I'm ready for it. I'll probably throw a couple things out of my portfolio (probably more the more heavily political, and less technical stuff). That also reminds me, I need to scrounge up some decent paper around here to print out a reume on as well. I'm trying to go in with as few expectations of something happening as possible, hoping that I'm not setting myself up for a huge disappointment here. But it would be a major personal victory for me to get this job, to say the least. Considering I didn't even go into art until I was about 20. Come to think of it, looking back it looks like I pulled some sort of about-face on my life at that time.

Man, Keith Emerson is an amazing keyboard player.

Thats about all for now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home