June...
June 6th, 2005. Makes me think of a song...
Okay, not sure why I posted that. Its a good, if not depressing tune. And anything with a violin in it pretty much kicks ass.
I've got splotches of paint and glue on my fingers, which can only mean one things--I've bought yet another model car kit, and I'm putting it together. I have it more than halfway done actually, but it needs some touchup. The rollcages on the race cars are always so damn tricky though--half the time the parts don't even fit together. I actually used some quality spraypaint on the body this time though, so at least the exterior will look fairly sharp when I'm done with it.
I found a branch of "The Apple Store" in the next town over, which I'm pretty glad for because the closest one I knew of offhand was Emeryville, or downtown SF. Thats where I'll probably get my G5 from. Right now, I'm more or less set on the base 1.8 ghz model, upgraded to either half a gig or a full gig of RAM, I'm not sure which. I figured that its not really necessairy to get many of the extras (bigger hard drive, chock full of ram, video card, etc) because I can always buy that stuff and add it later on. I just want something to get off the ground with and to have something decent to do graphics with. The PC I'm on right now just turned 4 years old, and is still working as well as ever, and I'm not looking to replace it. But if I'm serious about doing graphic design, I do need a decent machine to be able to turn out quality stuff with. By the same token, I don't want to go hog wild with the money I'm getting, because there are a number of things I want (dare I say--need!), and I'd like to maximize the amount of possiblities rather than spend it all on one or two incredible things. I'd also like a decent-quality digital camera, which would open me up to doing (near) professional quality photography.
Although, I still don't have a full time job. Maybe I'll stop looking for a while too, and just relax. I either have a cold right now, or allergies, I don't really know which. I don't feel nearly bad enough to have a cold; I don't feel sick, I have plenty of energy, and my only symptons are a runny/congested nose, and sneezing. I rarely, if ever get allergies; yet I seem to be showing the symptoms of such, and with the grass turning brown and the wind kicking up, its a ripe time for such a thing.
Ah but its Monday, the beginning of yet another week. I don't have much planned this week, except for Saturday, which is my graduation ceremony in Hayward. Tonight I have to work, filling in for someone else who is sick. After which I'm officially FREE! That is until I decide to go back to college, heh. I've already given some consideration to a masters degree for some time, and decided that perhaps a masters in communication might suit me. I'm sure in reading this blog, its no secret that I like to be analytical and wordy.
Ah crap, the wind just blew the umbrella over. I should probably fix it. Late.
Are you weary of the lengthening days?
D' y' secretly wish for November's rain?
And the harvest moon to reign in the sky (now that it's June)
There is nothing in this world more bitter than Spring
Now I wrote you this letter
'cause the clothes were hung on the line
And the crows flew out of the field
And up into the sky
I'm lying here in the station
Stretching out on the tracks
Are all the possible places that I might arrive
There is nothing in this world more bitter than love
In all (in all) those long days of June
Bring me the long, brown grass now that it's dry
There is nothing in this world more bitter than Spring
Okay, not sure why I posted that. Its a good, if not depressing tune. And anything with a violin in it pretty much kicks ass.
I've got splotches of paint and glue on my fingers, which can only mean one things--I've bought yet another model car kit, and I'm putting it together. I have it more than halfway done actually, but it needs some touchup. The rollcages on the race cars are always so damn tricky though--half the time the parts don't even fit together. I actually used some quality spraypaint on the body this time though, so at least the exterior will look fairly sharp when I'm done with it.
I found a branch of "The Apple Store" in the next town over, which I'm pretty glad for because the closest one I knew of offhand was Emeryville, or downtown SF. Thats where I'll probably get my G5 from. Right now, I'm more or less set on the base 1.8 ghz model, upgraded to either half a gig or a full gig of RAM, I'm not sure which. I figured that its not really necessairy to get many of the extras (bigger hard drive, chock full of ram, video card, etc) because I can always buy that stuff and add it later on. I just want something to get off the ground with and to have something decent to do graphics with. The PC I'm on right now just turned 4 years old, and is still working as well as ever, and I'm not looking to replace it. But if I'm serious about doing graphic design, I do need a decent machine to be able to turn out quality stuff with. By the same token, I don't want to go hog wild with the money I'm getting, because there are a number of things I want (dare I say--need!), and I'd like to maximize the amount of possiblities rather than spend it all on one or two incredible things. I'd also like a decent-quality digital camera, which would open me up to doing (near) professional quality photography.
Although, I still don't have a full time job. Maybe I'll stop looking for a while too, and just relax. I either have a cold right now, or allergies, I don't really know which. I don't feel nearly bad enough to have a cold; I don't feel sick, I have plenty of energy, and my only symptons are a runny/congested nose, and sneezing. I rarely, if ever get allergies; yet I seem to be showing the symptoms of such, and with the grass turning brown and the wind kicking up, its a ripe time for such a thing.
Ah but its Monday, the beginning of yet another week. I don't have much planned this week, except for Saturday, which is my graduation ceremony in Hayward. Tonight I have to work, filling in for someone else who is sick. After which I'm officially FREE! That is until I decide to go back to college, heh. I've already given some consideration to a masters degree for some time, and decided that perhaps a masters in communication might suit me. I'm sure in reading this blog, its no secret that I like to be analytical and wordy.
Ah crap, the wind just blew the umbrella over. I should probably fix it. Late.

1 Comments:
At 11:27 AM ,
Unknown said...
Do it.
Go for the master's degree.
I dare you.
Muhah.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home