Hmmm....
Okay, so yesterday I go down to the Financial District of the wonderful, world class city of San Francisco. I enter the building where the company I was interviewing with is located at, go up to the 11th floor, and up to the receptionists desk.
Huh? Whats that? Oh...
Yeah, the interview was cancelled. Apparantly, my contact at the company tried to contact me and tell me it was off for now, but they couldn't get ahold of me in time. Funny thing about that though--I had no emails in my inbox, nor any phone messages on my answering machine saying as much. Curious. I suppose I should call and reschedule, because even though I should wait for them to call back, something tells me they may not get back to me for a while. I did at least leave my card with the receptionist (but now that I think about it...I should have left the hard copy of the resume I had brought along with me too; even though they already have a copy of it, I redid so its all nice and formatted...).
Well the trip to SF late yesterday morning wasn't a complete waste. I went to Rasputins downtown just as they opened, perused the store for a good 45 minutes and walked out with 3 brand new CDs. More music to send to the one known as Felix, muwuahahah! Also, had a nice lunch at a semi-dive called Tad's Steakhouse. Cheap, but decent quality food, with the dining room looking like it hadn't changed at all in 60 or 70 years, except for a few photographs hung on the wall. Almost reminded me a bit of Musso and Franks in Hollywood, but they didn't have a bar.
I have what almost could be a love/hate relationship with the City of San Francisco, because it truly is a wonderful city. Its a joy to walk down Market Street, or head over to Mission to the art museum, or the Haight, or go to the park, or hang out at a tourist trap like Fishermans Wharf or the Cliff House, or the Bridge...but large masses of people tend to grate on me. After being among the crowds all morning, it was nice to find a quiet corner on the BART train ride home, where only two other people were sitting. After I got home, I didn't want to be bothered for a good hour or so, heh.
Huh? Whats that? Oh...
Yeah, the interview was cancelled. Apparantly, my contact at the company tried to contact me and tell me it was off for now, but they couldn't get ahold of me in time. Funny thing about that though--I had no emails in my inbox, nor any phone messages on my answering machine saying as much. Curious. I suppose I should call and reschedule, because even though I should wait for them to call back, something tells me they may not get back to me for a while. I did at least leave my card with the receptionist (but now that I think about it...I should have left the hard copy of the resume I had brought along with me too; even though they already have a copy of it, I redid so its all nice and formatted...).
Well the trip to SF late yesterday morning wasn't a complete waste. I went to Rasputins downtown just as they opened, perused the store for a good 45 minutes and walked out with 3 brand new CDs. More music to send to the one known as Felix, muwuahahah! Also, had a nice lunch at a semi-dive called Tad's Steakhouse. Cheap, but decent quality food, with the dining room looking like it hadn't changed at all in 60 or 70 years, except for a few photographs hung on the wall. Almost reminded me a bit of Musso and Franks in Hollywood, but they didn't have a bar.
I have what almost could be a love/hate relationship with the City of San Francisco, because it truly is a wonderful city. Its a joy to walk down Market Street, or head over to Mission to the art museum, or the Haight, or go to the park, or hang out at a tourist trap like Fishermans Wharf or the Cliff House, or the Bridge...but large masses of people tend to grate on me. After being among the crowds all morning, it was nice to find a quiet corner on the BART train ride home, where only two other people were sitting. After I got home, I didn't want to be bothered for a good hour or so, heh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home