The Weasel's Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Back and forth with the car...

Well it stopped leaking this week, only to resume leaking once again yesterday! I love cars, don't you? Anyway, a friend of a friend of my stepdad's, who is a mechanic kind of on the side, is going to fix it for a few hundred bucks. The guy is trustworthy and does do good work, at least according to my friend, so it's not like I'm taking it to some shady guy in the alley or something. I'd probably trust him over most professional shops anyway, and I've only talked to the guy once on the phone. When that's going to happen, I'm not entirely sure, but it is in the works.

Tower dropped their prices to 40% which meant shopping spree time, heh. I know, its the worst possible time for me to spend a shitload of money, but hey, I love music, and it brings joy to my life, so a few bucks here and there can be excused. I only ended up spending about $60 anyway, and that was for 5 discs (one of them a double set). Right now I'm listening to Wes Montgomery. I can see why some people might label him as a precursor to smooth jazz, but the guy is just so damn good on the electric guitar, it's hard for me not to like him. Plus, Herbie Hancock is on piano on this album.

Work is tumultuous as always, but Friday was a very slow, rather relaxed day, as was the Friday before. I am getting more comfortable at this job, which helps me a lot. Plus, I really enjoy the new production manager. She's younger, a little bit more low key, and while she knows her printing, still being a newbie to that shop gives me a little bit of a kindred spirit feeling. She's someone I can identify with. And believe it or not, there were a few things about printing that I knew, that she didn't. Hah, take that, world!

I'm a bit relieved to learn that Thanksgiving at my house will be a rather low-key affair this year. Most of my family has decided to do something else, so it will be maybe 8-9 people max, instead of closer to 20 like it was last year. And the best part, I'll get a 4-day weekend, and I'll be getting paid for two of those days. Maybe if my car is fixed by then, I'll go do something on Friday or Saturday...maybe drive out to the sea and experience the autumnal force of the Pacific Ocean. However if my car isn't fixed, I'll be mostly at home, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home