Hazy Monday

Just a photo of what I was up to on Saturday. I only had a vague idea in mind of what I was going to do, but whatever I did, I knew it would be outside, and it would be away from my house. My travels didn't take me too far, however I did at least go somewhere I'd never been before. Point Bonita Lighthouse. Maybe I could have been more adventurous and gone somewhere else, somewhere more exciting, or more remote, but I had to get out. And for what its worth, there was an element of danger involved, because of the sheer cliffs that surround the light house.
Friday I had just an absolutely shitty day at work. But fortunately for me, I've come to realise that maybe after all it was just a really shitty day, and not a sign of something worse. Apologies to Felix for forcing him to read all my depressed ramblings. Today was a much better day at work, for what its worth. It's still a challenging job, and nearly 2 months into the job now, I still haven't even come close to knowing everything there is to know about printing. Perhaps I'm more disturbed by the fact that this job exposes my shortcomings more than anything else I've ever done. And likewise, just when I think I see the glass completely empty, I look harder and see a little liquid left after all.
It's still entirely possible that I won't last long at this job, and that it's not for me, but unlike on Friday, I'm no longer convinced that I won't leave on my own terms. And besides, as far as CSR's go, right now I'm the only person they've got, so I imagine I have a little bit of leeway, at least for the time being. And they do genuinely like me, and they see that I genuinely work hard every day. I guess in the end, as long as I give it my best shot, it's not a complete failure.

1 Comments:
At 6:19 AM ,
Anonymous said...
If your job is exposing your shortcomings more than anything else you've ever done... well that just means you really haven't lived yet.
Start an Internet porn site.
You'll probably find that taking printing orders and sorting through spec sheets wasn't so bad afterall.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home