New computer FTW!!!
Well, getting my job back kind of kick started me on a materialist binge...I picked up a new computer, printer, and a tripod for my camera all this week. The computer is *FANTASTIC*! I got it refurbished from Dell, and the specs are basically this...
...2.0 ghz dual core pentium, 2 gigs ram, 250 gig hdd, 16x dual layer dvd burner...
Okay so nothing too earth shattering, but compared to what I'd been using in the past, this thing is a total revelation. I mean yeah, I do want to get out more, but the time I spend on the computer is now *that* much better. I can finally consoladate everything I'd been using 2 or 3 machines for into one machine again, FINALLY.
I also picked up a new printer/scanner combo this past Friday. I needed the printer, as the old one was DOA, and the software for the old scanner wouldn't work on my new setup.
The tripod I got was also a bit of a revelation...I had been using some rickety piece of junk that I got for free with a video camera like 10 years. Totally unprofessional piece of equipment, and difficult to use. The one I have now? Just oozing with WIN.
I went out and snapped some photos yesterday, which can bee seen here (the first 10 or so entries are recent) http://www.flickr.com/photos/71303076@N00/
Honestly I thought I took some pretty good ones!
I've totally settled into the job. Still, nothing has been that much of a bummer...okay Wednesday afternoon was a drag. Our digital color equipment was down most of the day with a few hard deadlines upon that afternoon. When we finally got it working, we had to cut corners to meet the deadline, and we were called out on it. Ooops!
I'm getting more and more involved in the furry thing too. Spur of the moment this Monday, I went out to dinner with a couple guys who live locally. I'd never really done anything like that...ever!
For the first time in a while, life is pretty cool....
...2.0 ghz dual core pentium, 2 gigs ram, 250 gig hdd, 16x dual layer dvd burner...
Okay so nothing too earth shattering, but compared to what I'd been using in the past, this thing is a total revelation. I mean yeah, I do want to get out more, but the time I spend on the computer is now *that* much better. I can finally consoladate everything I'd been using 2 or 3 machines for into one machine again, FINALLY.
I also picked up a new printer/scanner combo this past Friday. I needed the printer, as the old one was DOA, and the software for the old scanner wouldn't work on my new setup.
The tripod I got was also a bit of a revelation...I had been using some rickety piece of junk that I got for free with a video camera like 10 years. Totally unprofessional piece of equipment, and difficult to use. The one I have now? Just oozing with WIN.
I went out and snapped some photos yesterday, which can bee seen here (the first 10 or so entries are recent) http://www.flickr.com/photos/71303076@N00/
Honestly I thought I took some pretty good ones!
I've totally settled into the job. Still, nothing has been that much of a bummer...okay Wednesday afternoon was a drag. Our digital color equipment was down most of the day with a few hard deadlines upon that afternoon. When we finally got it working, we had to cut corners to meet the deadline, and we were called out on it. Ooops!
I'm getting more and more involved in the furry thing too. Spur of the moment this Monday, I went out to dinner with a couple guys who live locally. I'd never really done anything like that...ever!
For the first time in a while, life is pretty cool....

1 Comments:
At 5:20 PM ,
Unknown said...
Hehehehehehehehehehehe... I find you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home