Hot May

Here it is, just about the halfway point through May, and the temperture out back is pushing 95 degrees. A sharp contrast from this time last month, when we were still getting deluged by rainstorms! I had to flick on the wall a/c unit in my room today because of the heat. To my chigrin it didn't work. The reason: it had been turned off at the fusebox because of something else, and never turned back on. Of course now, it works fine.
Check it out on the left, a few little visitors to my house. My mom put a wreath on the front door some time back, and a bird set up a nest right there. Well, a few weeks later, we had baby birds. You can see them grow on a nearly daily basis. It was maybe 2 weeks ago that they were little balls of fuzz, and now they look like actual birds. Still, they aren't ready to leave the nest.
I've got my bike more and more functional. A while back, my dad gave me his old bike that I guess he wasn't using anymore, or something. Well for the longest time it sat, because it needed a new front tire. A couple weeks back I finally got around to changing it. The other day I got some much needed accessories--mainly a lock, a padded seat cover (because the thing hurts my ass so much), and a kickstand. I've also adjusted the brakes about a dozen times too. Yes, I think I'm actually going to start riding it regularly, or at least semi-regularly, with the hopes of getting some exercise. Eventually (since it is a mountain bike and all), I would like to take it out on some trails and stuff. But for now, I have to work on just being able to get up small hills, heh. I also figured that, since the store is a little less than a mile away, with summer here it would much more preferable to ride the bike down the store, rather than take the car, both so I can get exercise, and save a little gas and energy. I'll try to stick to it as much as possible, though I probably won't go great distances every day, who knows, with more and more practice, maybe I can build up to where I can go a ways on the bike.
As far as my life goes, still the same old shit--hoping someone will give me a call back on the job. The wedding down in So-Cal is less than two weeks away, so I'm excited about that. Plus, I might go camping the following week up along the coast. I'm also invited to a party in the city next month, and the NASCAR race is at the end of June--so the next month and a half could prove to be a pretty fun one.

1 Comments:
At 9:05 PM ,
Unknown said...
Neat dude. Bicycling's a joy.
Conroy -- is that you? For goodness' sake. It's great to know you are alive and well -- I saw your blog (Weasel gave me the link a little while back) but I've been too afraid to comment on it directly, lest certain people discover my existence through backlinks. Heh heh -- paranoid as always.
Be well!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home