Cool Saturday Morning
Not cool as in "thats cool!", but rather, temperture wise. I smashed my toe on the doorjam yesterday, and now its a bit sore, but I doubt its broken or anything. It hurts a tad though. I have a couple days to thinks thing over regarding the following: I sent in a resume to a place hiring for sales positions for a commercial printer company, really mainly as a throw away to see if they would respond -- they did. They want me for an interview, and its likely I could get this job. Obviously, as the old saying goes, beggars can't be choosers, and I realise not everyone gets the ideal job they want right away. Plus I would be making decent money, and getting benefits. But of course, its not graphic design, which is what I went to college for, but its not like I would have to stop doing design totally, just because it isn't my job. I can still do freelance and volunteer projects, and maybe I can work my way into the field that way, by building up a portfolio of various projects. I'd have to view this job as just a temporary position on my part. Then again, another job I took as only "temporary", I've been at for over 2 years now (which I'm not complaining about in any way. Before that all I ever worked were seasonal jobs, and its been great to have some stability and regularity). Of course the problem with the job I have now is that its part time, and of course I don't make much money at all. If that wasn't the case, I'd be in a much more comfortable position to say the least.
Okay, I'm going to the local race track tonight with some friends of my brother, and an old neighbor who's racing tonight. Hopefully I'll get some photos of the car, and all that great crap.
Okay, I'm going to the local race track tonight with some friends of my brother, and an old neighbor who's racing tonight. Hopefully I'll get some photos of the car, and all that great crap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home